Food Co-ops in the Fort Worth Area DFW – Farm, Local, Organic, Grass Fed, Pastured Beef, Chicken, Pork, Fish and Produce
Fort Worth families looking for an option to conventionally raised meat and produce can look beyond the grocery store! Food co-ops in the Fort Worth area and local farms and produce markets have sprung up and people are flocking to buy from them. Here are options to purchase healthy food from non-traditional locations. New locations are added as they open or I become aware of them. I have bought and continue to buy from almost every entry on this list. Feel free to add more in the comments!
Meat and Produce Co-ops in the Fort Worth Area
Rockin’ Our Community ( ROCK Co-op ) – various drop locations including Saginaw, Fort Worth, Arlington, the Mid Cities, Crowley and Denton : Organic produce, eggs, kombucha, grass finished and pastured meat, green health and beauty, and raw milk and dairy (goat and cow)
- Against the Grain Co-op – various drop locations including Argyle, Keller, Haltom City and Grapevine : Organic produce, meat shares, eggs, kombucha, green health and beauty, raw milk and dairy, grass finishedand pasturized meat including bison.
- Walnut Creek Farm – Alvarado : Organic produce CSA and meat (chicken and beef)
Meat Co-ops or Farmer Delivery in the Fort Worth Area
- Farm to Fork – Various drop locations including Arlington, West Fort Worth and Saginaw : Wild caught salmon, bison, lamb, grass finished beef, pork, and other natural products. Retail location in Arlington.
- Burgundy Beef – home delivery in Dallas and Fort Worth of high quality grass finished beef, pork and chicken. Retail location in Fort Worth Cultural District.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in the Fort Worth Area
- L’Cajn Farm – Various drop locations : Naturally grown produce
Farm Stores and Retail Locations in the Fort Worth Area
see Farm to Fork and Burgundy Beef above.
- Homestead Farm – Keller : Family farm with produce and goat milk as well as meat, produce, and eggs from other local farms.
Non-Local Food Co-op in Fort Worth
- Bountiful Baskets – Various drop locations : organic and conventional “baskets” of assorted produce not grown locally, but available at a low cost